My co-worker read this article to me yesterday that was actually pretty inspiring...it was about people either giving up something or adding something to their lives for 31 days to make their life a little better (in their own ways). Kind of hard to explain but I am going to try. It's not like a new years resolution because you only do it for 31 days and if you decide in those 31 days that you don't like the way it changed your life (or it didn't change your life) then you stop and take back up your habit. Whatever you pick should not be too extreme at least at first like: "I'm going to quit smoking for 31 days" or anything it's simple things. For example, one lady decided she was going to work out for 1 minute a day. She decided to do push ups and realized that taking a quick minute out of her day to do sets of push ups was not hard at all. By the end of 31 days she had lost 3lbs and had toned arms. The 1 minute a day had become part of her routine every day so she stuck with. Another person decided she was going to quit her Starbucks habit for 31 days. She admitted that was extremely hard at first but she stuck to it and by the end of the 31 days she had saved $165 just by not drinking Starbucks every day. There were so many more I can't remember them all right now but I decided it sounds like something I would like to do. I haven't decided exactly what I want to do yet-I have a couple ideas...I will let you know when I decide :)
You should try it with me...and then when we conquer one thing, we will move on to another 31 days of something else.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That is a GREAT idea! Where did she see the article? I am going to think of something and tell David to think of something too!
I don't know where she saw it, probably on msn.com. I'm still thinking of something but when you decide let me know :)
Post a Comment