Monday, February 8, 2010
London's 1st Dentist Appointment
Last Friday I took London to the dentist for his 1st check up appointment because his top teeth were looking really yellow and I wanted to make sure that we were brushing them good enough considering London hates it when we brush his teeth. :( What we found out was rather shocking and I am so glad that we took him. It turns out that London has a hereditary disease called Dentinogenesis imperfecta ::cough::he got it from Mike::cough:: lol In a nutshell, London was born without enamel on his teeth so that is why they are turning yellow and actually chipping away. :( So, on March 1st, he has an appointment to be put to sleep (<--not happy about that, but I couldn't imagine him going through everything that needs to be done to fix them without being put to sleep :( ) so please keep us in your prayers that day. He has to have caps put on all of his teeth so they won't chip away anymore and he will be a happy baby again! :) I asked the dentist if this disease will affect his adult teeth and he said that it is hard to tell but since it is hereditary that we should look to the side that he got it from and see what happened in their cases. Mike had to have caps put on his baby teeth because he had the same thing and his adult teeth came in just fine so *hopefully* that will be the case with London too. And as for Connor, let's just hope he has my teeth! ;) The good news-I guess if there is any good news in this-is that we are doing a "great job!" brushing his teeth and that there is absolutely nothing we could have done to prevent this from happening. And since we caught it before his teeth chipped away to nothing, we can fix them with little to no pain to London. Anyway, moral of this story: take your kids to the dentist! You never know what could be going on inside that mouth of theirs! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment